In front of our restaurant stands the imposing, suggestive Charterhouse of Florence. It was founded in the 14th century by Niccolò Acciaiuoli to accommodate 12 monks, a prior and a small group of lay brothers. The Charterhouse in Florence is surrounded by high walls that, together with the stately Palazzo degli Studi, make the chartreuse look like a fortress.
Today, the Charterhouse is inhabited by a group of Cistercian Benedictine monks. It contains several important artworks including five lunettes with "Scenes from the Passion", frescoed by Pontormo between 1523 and 1525, during its stay in the residence to escape the Black Death that raged over Florence those days.
We organize exclusive guided tours to the Charterhouse of Florence, even out of the normal opening hours.
The Monastery of the Charterhouse is open from 9 a.m. to 11.30 a.m. and from 3.30 p.m. to 4.30 p.m.
Guided tours at 9.15 - 10.15 - 11.15 - 15.15, except on working Mondays.